Good morning V5ers! We hope you guys had a great weekend. Here are the five links to get you through your Monday morning.
1. With the new Muma Basketball Center is slated to be completed relatively soon, both the men's and women's basketball teams were given the opportunity to sign the concrete on which the practice courts will be laid on. Gary pointed out that JAWANZA! Poland went all caps with his first name. We couldn't be prouder.
2. You guys remember former USF signee Gene Teague right? After playing two years at Southern Illinois, Teague is transferring to Seton Hall. Our friends at South Orange Juice has all the details for you.
3. Andrea Adelson has her first Big East Power Rankings as the Big East blogger at ESPN, and she has USF 3rd with Pitt and WVU ahead of the Bulls.
4. According to The Smoking Musket's twitter feed, something big is about to break in Morgantown. Should be interesting to see what breaks out over the next few days.
5. Finally, we wanted to send our condolences to the family of longtime Tampa Tribune editor Tom McEwen, who lost his battle with cancer yesterday at the age of 88. McEwen was the driving force to bring the Bucs, Lightning, and Rays to the Tampa Bay area. McEwen was also one of the main proponents for USF football when it was still a pipe dream. There are numerous articles from writers who worked with Tom, and you can see the respect and admiration he had within the writing community. RIP Tom, there will never be another one like you.