USF women’s basketball announced their 2018-2019 non-conference games Monday afternoon and it features visits to Ohio State and LSU, as well as a trip to the US Virgin Islands to face Kentucky, UNC, and UCLA in the Paradise Jam.
The Bulls will face seven teams that made the NCAA tournament in non-conference play: Ohio State, Oklahoma, UCLA, Grambling State, Creigton, Virginia, and LSU. They will also face three other teams that ranked in the RPI Top-100: Albany and the aforementioned UNC and UCLA.
“We are committed to playing the best competition out there and testing our team early in the season as we build toward conference play and the postseason,” USF head coach Jose Fernandez said. “Challenging our team early has worked very well for us and our 2018-19 non-conference schedule will provide a number of opportunities to see where we are and get better prior to the start of conference play.”
Hopefully Fernandez will have full use of his roster against Oklahoma unlike last season when a snafu in registrar’s office prevented Alyssa Rader from competing in the game.
USF went 26-8 last season, their sixth-straight 20-win season under Fernandez and fourth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.
- Nov. 6- At Ohio State (USF won 84-65 in 2017)
- Nov. 9- Albany
- Nov. 15- Bethune-Cookman
- Nov. 18- Oklahoma (USF lost 79-74 in 2017)
- Nov. 22- Kentucky (Paradise Jam)
- Nov. 23- UNC (Paradise Jam)
- Nov. 24- UCLA (Paradise Jam)
- Nov. 30- New Hampshire
- Dec. 9- George Washington (USF won 83-78 in 2017)
- Dec. 15- Grambling State
- Dec. 17- Vermont
- Dec. 20- Creigton (Florida Sunshine Classic in Orlando)
- Dec. 21- Virginia (Florida Sunshine Classic in Orlando)
- Dec. 30- At LSU (USF won 61-55 in 2017)