The American Athletic Conference announced its fifth anniversary team during AAC Media Days in Providence, RI. on Monday.
Among the 30 players represented were three former USF standouts - linebacker Auggie Sanchez, running back Marlon Mack, and tackle Kofi Amichia.
Congrats to our 3 Bulls on being named to the @American_FB Fifth Anniversary Team!— USF Football (@USFFootball) July 23, 2018
STORY: https://t.co/UTI480Z6ib#BullStrong pic.twitter.com/JX2awubPXa
Other Bulls up for nomination but did not receive enough votes were:
- Quinton Flowers at QB (Kennan Reynolds/Navy).
- Jeremi Hall at offensive guard (E.K. Binns, Adam West/Navy).
- Aaron Lynch and Deadrin Senat on the defensive line (Matt Ioaniddis/Temple; Justin Lawler/SMU, Ed Oliver/Houston; Hasson Reddick/Temple; Marcus Smith/Lousiville).
- Deatrick Nichols at cornerback (Jacoby Glenn/C.; Mike Hughes/C.; Parry Nickerson/Tulane).
- Emilio Nadelman at kicker (Jake Elliott/Memphis).
- Mattias Ciabbati at punter (Tom Hornsey/Memphis).
Notable voting turnout includes:
- Memphis sweeping Special Teams with Elliot, Hornsey, and Tony Pollard taking kicker, punter and return specialist respectively.
- C. had both of their corners (Hughes and Glenn) selected to the roster, as well as Shaquem Griffin, Jordan Aikens, and Clayton Geathers.
- Every team who has fielded a football team for the AAC had at least one player selected, except for Rutgers.
- Temple, C., and Memphis had five players selected, USF and Navy both had three, SMU with two, and everyone else had one.