This post will be updated when additional news is added. We will start with departures and then go into additions to the football roster/staff.
- On December 5th, we received confirmation that Sterlin Gilbert had accepted the head coaching position at McNeese State.
- With the conclusion of the Gasparilla Bowl on December 20th, USF seniors played their last game, notable seniors include WR Tyre McCants, LT Eric Mayes, WR Ryeshene Bronson LB Khalid McGee, DE Vincent Jackson Jr, DE Kevin Bronson, S Jaymon Thomas, CB Ronnie Hoggins, and CB Mazzi Wilkins.
- On December 21st, QB Brett Kean announced his intention to transfer via twitter. Later on January 27th, Kean announced via Twitter that he would be attending the University North Carolina-Charlotte.
- On December 22nd, a mere two days after the Gasparilla Bowl Loss, head coach Charlie Strong announce that 11 players would be dismissed. These players are WR Darnell Salomon, WR DeVontres Dukes, WR Deangelo Antoine, RB Elijah Mack, RB Duran Bell, DB Donelle Thomas, DB Naytron Culpepper, DT Brandon Boyce, DT Armon Williams, DL Marquies Price and OL Jeremiah Stafford all were suspended for the bowl game and all will not return in 2019.
This report also claimed that 4 assistant coaches would be leaving the program, which on December 26th was confirmed to be Sterlin Gilbert, Matt Mattox, Blue Adams, and Damon Cogdell. On January 22nd, Blue Adams was hired as the DB coach at Oregon State
- On December 28th, Offensive Line Coach Matt Mattox announced via twitter he would be the offensive coordinator at McNeese State alongside Sterlin Gilbert.
- Also on December 28th, QB Chris Oladokun announced his intention to transfer via twitter, which was announced to be Samford University.
- Reported on January 21st (but occurred the week before), Tommy Restivo was hired to be the co-DC/Linebackers coach at UMass Amherst.
- Going way back to August 21st, Michigan WR Eddie McDoom announced he would be transferring to USF
- On December 19th, USF added 19 freshmen to the class of 2019, all of their bios and can be found in part 1, part 2, and part 3 of these recruiting breakdowns. This means that USF can add another
sixten players to the class on national signing day on February 6th due to four players enrolling in classes early.
- While technically not an addition, on January 8th, Mitchell Wilcox announced via twitter that he would forego the NFL Draft to finish his senior season at USF.
- The next day, January 9th, USF confirmed the hiring of former Valdosta State head coach Kerwin Bell as the next Offensive Coordinator for the Bulls.
There has been speculation that Bell would be bringing Jeremy Darveau with him as his offensive line coach, but that has yet to be confirmed by the school.
- On January 11th, Jordan Cronkrite announced he would finish his senior season and forego the NFL Draft. Once again, technically not an addition, but there was heavy speculation that Cronkrite would be leaving for the draft.
- Through a picture posted by Michael Kelly on Twitter on January 17th, we can confirm that Kerwin Bell has brought Jeremy Darveau, his son Kade Bell, and Andrew Robustelli with him from Valdosta State. Darveau was the Offensive Line coach, Kade was the offensive quality control coach, and Robustelli was the GA for Wide Receivers.
- Through an announcement on twitter by Steve Ellis, we can officially confirm that Ellis will be the new DB’s coach for USF. The timeline is a little odd, but our very own Nathan Bond was able to confirm it on February 13th.
- Nathan Bond was also able to confirm that Paul Spicer has joined the Bull’s staff as a Defensive Line coach on February 15th.
- Charlie Strong rounded out his coaching staff by promoting Bryan Hill to be the safeties coach, as first reported by Joey Knight of the Tampa Bay Times on February 17th via twitter.
We will continue to update this thread as USF announces more coordinator changes, players announce intentions to transfer to and from, and high school recruits sign their NLI.