The thing about Atlanta is that there’s soooooo much Atlanta.
World of Coca-Cola? Cool. CNN Tour? Fun. Clermont Lounge? Available. Traffic? Always!
But despite the massacre last weekend, there’s still a LOT of Bulls that made non-refundable travel reservations and will be heading up I-75, or flying to the World’s Busiest Airport and home of the Plane Train
Pro tip: MARTA to downtown from baggage claim! It’s $2.50, there’s no hellacious ATL traffic, and you can walk to your hotel if you’re staying in Midtown or near Georgia Tech’s campus.
So we asked a bunch of ATLiens that are Bulls for three (and only three!) things to do in Atlanta if you’re coming for the game this weekend.
Also we hope all of you can join us at Der Biergarten at 8pm for our attempt at a live podcast. We’ve got Steeg, Ryan Smith, Lauren Pickel and myself so far... and we’re still guest-hunting. We’ll see you tonight!
Ryan Smith: law student, Emory University. Former writer on this blog. Remains dead because of Troy Holston
- Don’t go to The Varsity: get a burger at The Vortex in Little Five Points. If you’re a more adventurous eater, the international cuisine on Buford Highway is heaven.
- Go get brunch on The Beltline and spend the day walking it. Do some outdoor bar hopping along the way and end the day on the roof of Ponce City Market or Piedmont Park.
- If you absolutely must hit a tourist attraction, the Aquarium and World of Coke are the headline grabbers, though the College Football Hall of Fame might be more of interest to some. Not my area of expertise, but they’re popular.
Ale Domingos: 2002 C-USA Setter of The Year, C-USA Tournament MVP
- Umi in Buckhead: “the best sushi you will eat in your life.”
- The MLK Museum is very cool and enlightening.
- The 9 Mile Station rooftop bar at Ponce City Market (get reservations).
USF Alumni Association, Atlanta Chapter:
Note: we put this on Twitter but no one seems to be monitoring the account, but here’s the best of the responses:
- “Braves are at home for the weekend. Before and after game entertainment at The Battery just outside the park is good fun and some good food.” @esmitty311
- “If you are into Belgian Beers then you need to the Brick Store Pub @brickstorepub. Amazing beer selection and food is great too! brickstorepub.com” @USF94
- “Johnny’s Hideaway is a one of a kind adventure. Underrated gem.” @NickDerise