USF’s 2020 recruiting class isn’t quite finished yet as another big body joined the fray just in time for National Signing Day on Wednesday.
Three-star Edgewater offensive linemen David Anderton announced on Sunday that he will make the short trek down I-4 from Orlando to Tampa to join Jeff Scott’s program.
Blessed to say my recruitment is closed... 100% Committed to USF pic.twitter.com/DEBpx7LxQI— David Anderton (@dhanderton) February 2, 2020
OL David Anderton
6’4”, 315 pounds
Edgewater High School, Orlando, FL
Recruiting Rankings: Three-star by 247 (0.8417 Composite Score), Rivals and ESPN.
Other Notable Offers: Pitt, FAU, FIU, UAB, Middle Tennessee State
Switching between center and guard, Anderton was a main cog in Edgewater making back-to-back deep runs in the Class 7A state playoffs. As a senior, his Eagles offense compiled 6,570 yards of offense on their way to the 7A state title game where they lost to perennial power St. Thomas Aquinas.
The First-Team Orlando Sentinel All-Area lineman was pursued hard by USF’s staff over the past few weeks and after visiting campus on Saturday, made his commitment official. He joins Tampa Chamberlain’s Cesar Reyes and Charlotte Mallard Creek’s Uriah Greene as the lone offensive linemen of the class, all recruited by the new staff.
- Sarasota RB Brian Battie
- The Villages Charter Safety Mac Harris
- DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Dunnellon DB AJ Hamilton
- Gray Collegiate Academy (SC) WR Omarion Dollison
- Deerfield Beach DB Chris Townsel
- East Los Angeles College DT Sione Tuitupou
2020 Unsigned Commits
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- Lake City Columbia LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- Miami Central QB Katravis Marsh
- Tampa Chamberlain OL Cesar Reyes
- Miami Booker T. Washington DE Tramel Logan Jr.
- Charleston (SC) First Baptist WR Sincere Brown
- Greenback (TN) WR/TE Holden Willis
- Fort Pierce Westwood DE Gilber Edmond
- Charlotte (NC) Mallard Creek OG Uriah Greene
- Bradenton Lakewood Ranch WR Michael Gucci