In advance of our huge game against Connecticut this Saturday, Mike Grant over at UCHuskies.com as nice enough to do a Q&A before our NCAA Elimination game. You can check out my answers for a couple of his questions here.
1. What the hell happened vs. Notre Dame?
2. Give me some hope on Saturday. What can USF do to bring home a win this weekend.
3. Gavin Edwards is having a pretty good senior year after being glued to the bench the past 3 years. What has he done to improve himself this season?
4. I'm sure this is being asked a ton, but do you think Coach Calhoun's health will force him to retire after this season?
5. Any predictions for the game? Who would win in a fight between Gavin and his USF OL brother Damien? Over/Under on Stanley Robinson dunks?
My prediction, 71-65 Huskies...because I have to believe that Jim Calhoun finds some way to motivate these kids. The last time they played as poorly as they did vs Notre Dame was vs Cincy, and they came out and won the next three. So I'll hang my hat on that, because I've got to hang my hat on something. I'll set the Stanley Robinson dunk o/u at 2.5. Fight between Gavin and Damien? Tough one...Gavin's got the reach, Damien's got the weight advantage...I'll go with Brittney Griner.
Bonus 6th Question! Since this play happened during a UConn/USF game, do you know what Voodoo 5 stands for?