- Congrats to Coach Denise Schilte-Brown and the Women's Soccer team for a tremendous season. Even though the Bulls dropped their 2nd Round NCAA Tournament game to Florida State 2-1, this has been a banner year for the Lady Half Hoops, and next year should be even better for DSB. USF's goal was a beaut though, as Sharla Passariello drilled a perfect volley from just outside the box to tie the match up at 1 with 15 seconds to go in the first half. FSU was awarded a just penalty in the 60th minute, and Toni Pressley calmly beat goalie Nicole McClure. The Bulls had a couple of opportunities late in the match to tie it up, but the Bulls couldn't find the back of the net.
- The Men's Soccer team is sitting squarely on the bubble this year, but if the official NCAA Bracketology blog has anything to say about it, Coach Keifer and the Half Hoops will squeak in, facing Brown in the first round. The selection show is today, and will be on ESPN U at 4:30 pm. We will post USF's possible opponent afterwards, and if they somehow get a home match.
- Volleyball somehow sneaks in the Big East tournament even though Coach Lessinger's squad fell in 4 sets to Villanova yesterday. We have to thank West Virginia and St. Johns, who both lost their final games as well, and let USF backdoor their way into 8th place. Up next is the top seeded Cincinnati Bearcats, who finished with an impressive 13-1 conference record. Game is on November 19th at 12:30, and we wish the Volleyball team the best of luck.
- Women's basketball start off the season 1-1, as they defeated Jacksonville 82-77 Friday night, then fell to Middle Tennessee St. 71-59. Andrea Smith leads all Bulls with 19.5 PPG, and she looks continue her hot streak against Stetson and Morgan State this week.
- Let's wrap up this edition of BotB with Your USF Related YouTube of the Week: