Here is this week's wrap-up of the best USF stories from the previous week. And seriously, if you can think of a better name, comment below or send us an email. We might hand out a prize or something.
- In case you haven't heard, Women's Basketball coach Jose Fernandez signed a well-earned three year extension Thursday. Voodoo was worried Jose was going to be a Friday at 5pm, but thankfully he will be around Fowler Ave for the next couple of years. In other WBB news, Jose announced the addition of two post players for this year's class. England's Josette Campbell and Finnish player Salla Ekstrom should help hinder the loss of graduating players Mellisa Dalembert and Jessica Lawson.
- Men's Soccer announced their recruiting class for the year, and once again George Keifer brings in another stellar group to play for the most consistent program USF has to offer. Headlining the class is Midfielder Leston Paul, formerly of the Sunderland Academy, and captain of the T&T U20 National team. Paul has been on campus since January, and he has already earned some praise back in Trinidad for his decision to continue his education at USF. You might not see Paul on campus at all times, as he and Keifer agreed that Leston will be excused from class to be called up for international duties.
- While most of the new season ticket holders will have to resort to sites like StubHub and the like, you can now request tickets for this year's upcoming USF-UF game. Scott Carter put up a great FAQ on his blog for questions you might have about ordering. Hopefully I'll be able to go, but if you put a gun to my head, I would skip the trip to Gainesville and head up to South Bend in 2011.
- USF EXPANSION TALK! Couple of articles this week on where USF might end up if conference expansion actually happens. Pete Fiutak of CollegeFootballNews.com has USF surprisingly in the SEC when everything shakes out, while Brett Friedlander of the Star News Online has USF heading to the ACC. Also, if you didn't see College Football Live on ESPN earlier this week, they had USF as the last team invited to the ACC as well. I really don't care where we end up as long as we have a seat at the table at the end.
- Brian Bennett of ESPN has the USF QB situation the 5th best in conference. While some might argue that B.J Daniels should put USF higher in the list, Bennett is worried about what would happen if Daniels were to become injured during the season, and I really hope we don't have to deal with that again this year.
- Your USF related YouTube of the Week. You can thank me later
USF Bulls Stun Auburn (via SabresPoint)
- Wide Receiver A.J. Love finally had surgery to repair his torn ACL earlier this week. We here at V5 wish him a full recovery, and hopes he can contribute in the 2nd half of the season.
- Jim Louk has a must read about his times at Red McEwen Field. Definitely worth taking a look.
- The Annual Around the Horns Coaches Tour is just around the corner, and it looks like it will be another great event . I know Toro has been a part of a couple of these, and they are a must if you can make it out there.