Ron Anderson Jr. led all scorers with 17 points as the USF Bulls dominate the Georgia Southern Eagles 66-46. The Bulls had a balanced scoring attack with Victor Rudd and Blake Nash scoring 9 points a piece while LaVonte Dority and Shaun Noriega each had 8 points for the Bulls. Willie Powers III had 14 points to lead the Eagles while Eric Ferguson had 10 points off the bench for GSU.
Couple of thoughts from tonight's game:
- What a game from LaBlanthony Conasity! The trio of LaVonte Dority, Blake Nash, and Anthony Collins had a really nice game tonight, going for 21 points, 10 assists, 5 steals, and only 3 turnovers. Collins looked great in his USF debut, easily shredding double teams to get to the lane and was able to find the open man consistently.
- Collins' ability to run the offense allowed Blake Nash to get a lot of minutes off the ball, which helped out minutes wise for the rest of our guards. With the exception of Victor Rudd, who had to work some extended minutes at the 4, the team's minutes were handled nicely tonight.
- The Bulls were able to do whatever they wanted inside. USF shot 20-24 from inside the arc. Yes you are reading that right. If the team didn't shoot 5-17 from outside, 70% from the field would have been possible.
- After turning the ball over 20 times a game over the weekend, its good to see them only give up the ball 9 times tonight.
- Work on your free throws Ron! 3-11 is not going to cut it in the Big East.
- Happy to see Alberto Damour get some playing time. Way to earn your two trillion Alberto.
The Bulls will be back in action this Saturday as they host the Florida Atlantic Owls at the University of Tampa's Bob Martinez Center.