Before we begin, let's congratulate TheUConnBlog on their Huskies winning the national championship over Butler last night in Houston. Having the 9th place team in your conference win the NCAA Tournament shows the depth in the league. I will not miss Kemba Walker, but Jeremy Lamb and Shabazz Napier will haunt my dreams for at least the next year.
- Baseball finally took a weekend series, as they took two out of three against Villanova in Philadelphia. Kyle Eastham and Randy Fontanez were brilliant as they swept Saturday's doubleheader, and only a blown save by the normally reliable Kevin Quackenbush ruined the chance to sweep the Wildcats.
- Softball was able to sweep Syracuse over the weekend, and freshman pitcher Sara Nevins came within two outs of a no-hitter on Sunday. After a couple of rebuilding seasons, Coach Eriksen has a solid young group of players who might get the team back up to making the NCAA Tournament each year. Nevin's effort on Sunday earned her the Big East Pitcher of the Week award. Congrats Sara!
- Skip is about to collect another commitment, as Georgia CB Rico McWilliams thoroughly enjoyed his visit to Tampa last weekend. Greg Auman was able to get a hold of McWilliams, and it looks like as soon as Rico talks to Skip, he will pull the trigger and commit on the spot. With the depth and injury issues as cornerback, McWilliams could have an opportunity to play as a freshman in 2012, like incoming freshman Kenneth Durden will have this fall.
- We will have more on this later, but I can already see Toro looking up plane tickets and rental cars for Kansas City in early December when the Bulls head to Lawrence to play Kansas at Allen Fieldhouse.
- Speaking of USF-Kansas games, your USF Related YouTube of the Week:
- Fantastic article on Sam Barrington and his yearly trip to Ghana by Brian Bennett of ESPN. Just go read it.
- USF Soccer faced off against FC Tampa Bay over the weekend, and welcomed back a familiar face in GK Jeff Attinella. The Bulls lost 3-0 to FCTB, but it was a great test for the soccer team as they took on a Rowdies team getting ready for the NASL season.
- Finally, its the moment everyone has been waiting for. Time to request your tickets for the Notre Dame game in September. We wish you the best of luck in securing the tickets -- this will probably be the most sought-after ticket in USF history.