We are going to change the Bull-ogosphere post as more of a daily link post instead of a weekly one. Like always, if you see something we miss, link it to the side as a FanShot or FanPost and if we like it we'll post it to the front page.
- If you wondered what former USF OF Ryan Lockwood was up to after graduating from USF, he is training to become a Navy SEAL. Greg Auman of the St. Pete Times caught up with Lockwood before he leaves for Navy basic training in Chicago next week. It is a great story and we wish Ryan the best as he starts his new life in the military.
- Adam Adkins of the Tampa Tribune is reporting that Coach Holtz and the USF football team will once again head to DodgerTown in Vero Beach for of fall camp. This really helped bring the team closer together after Coach Leavitt's dismissal, and I'm glad that they will be heading out there again.
- Greg Auman reported that former Florida RB Mike Blakely visited USF yesterday and remains a viable option to transfer to the Bulls. The 4-star RB from Manatee HS is also considering North Carolina, UCF and going to a junior college then transfer back to an SEC school.
- The USF Softball team was not included in the 64-team NCAA Softball Tournament after falling to Louisville in the first round. The Big East did get four teams in with Notre Dame, Syracuse, Louisville, and DePaul making the cut. This was a nice transition year for Coach Eriksen's club, and it looks like the Bulls will be ready to make the leap next year with most everyone returning.
- Finally, our favorite incoming freshman named after a Norse God is getting ready for a position change. Thor Joswiak has been taking 500 snaps a day to prepare for an anticipated move from tackle to center, and it looks like he will compete right away for a spot on the two-deep. In my opinion, the sooner we can get Joswiak and Brynjar Gudmundsson on the field the better.