USF was back in practice today at the Morsani Complex, and there were some interesting tidbits from campus yesterday.
- First off, Adam Adkins tweeted the biggest news of the day. Skip Holtz found a dead locust on the ground, picked it up, and stuck it in the helmet of Lindsey Lamar. Unfortunately the bug fell out before Lamar put it on, but if this doesn't make you like Holtz I don't know what will.
- The other big news is that Evan Landi will become more of a WR/TE hybrid according to Greg Auman. Landi is a big WR at 6'3" and with the lack of depth at TE, this will get Landi on the field a bit more which is never a bad thing. Greg also has a video of Holtz after practice today.
- If you ever wanted to walk-on the football team, here is your chance. The staff will be holding a meeting for all prospective walk-ons this Monday at 4 PM. If you do plan on going, let us know in the comments.
- The offensive line looks pretty solid after this week's practice. Good to see the team build some solid depth after the injuries to Mark Popek, John McGhin, and Tony Kibler. Adkins also noted that Jake Kaufman was on the sidelines today watching practice today which is great to see. Hopefully he can recover from his back injuries and help out the team.
- It's the other kind of football, but Coach Keifer picked up a pretty awesome transfer in Venezuelan midfielder Roberto Altiero. If you didn't see it earlier the men's soccer team was ranked 24th in the country according to Top Drawer Soccer, while Coach Denise Schilte-Brown and the women's soccer team was ranked 29th in the inaugural poll. Remember -- the Corbett Soccer Stadium opens on Tuesday night for the Rowdies Cup against the University of Tampa.