With less than five days left until the season opener against Notre Dame, Skip Holtz has finally released the first depth chart of the fall. Opinons and comments after the jump:
DE: Patrick Hampton, Anthony Hill
DE: Ryne Giddins, JuJu Forte
MIKE: Sam Barrington, Mike Lanaris
WILL: DeDe Lattimore, Mike Jeune
SS: Jon LeJiste, Tyson Butler
KOS: Marvin Kloss
KR: Lindsey Lamar
- Not surprised about Scott and Murray being listed as co-starters for the opener. I think they'll work as a solid 1-2 punch for the first couple of series until the staff can see who has the hot hand.
- Little shocked that Evan Landi is already the starter at TE. I know that he was an excellent blocker, but for him to already jump Shields and Isaac Virgin says a lot about Landi's ability to pick up his new position quickly.
- How in the world is Joel Miller starting at the slot?
- There were talks about moving Barrington to SAM, but I'm happy that Cliett is getting the nod. He's had an excellent spring and fall camp and deserves the chance to start.
- What does it say to the rest of our cornerback crop that JaQuez Jenkins is already on the two-deep. Maybe Jenkins' ability to play corner is a reason Skip thinks he can possibly redshirt Kenneth Durden.
- Looks like the wondermullet got Tony Kibler on the two-deep. I wonder what other powers it has?
- Not surprised at all about Elkino Watson breaking the two-deep, but who had Mattias Ciabatti as the other true freshman on the depth chart?
What do you guys think? Any concerns as we head towards the season opener?