Two days until the home opener. This can not come quickly enough. On to the links!
1. Stats! Some good stuff from the Notre Dame game. First up is Bill over at Football Study Hall, who breaks down the game like no other with his advanced stats. Pat over at Big East Coast Bias has his Positive Impact Factor up for week one, and the Bulls did well considering the level of opponent we were going up against.
2. Greg Auman pumped out some great content yesterday. First is an audio slideshow from Greg and Tom Jones who talk Notre Dame and just a little bit on Ball State. Then Greg talks with Skip about easing up on the team due to the win at Notre Dame along with the passing of Lee Roy Selmon. Greg interviewed Vernon Hargreaves about the onside kick and how close it was to landing in Michael Floyd's hands before Lindsey Lamar came in to save the day. Finally Skip was extremely happy with the way B.J. Daniels played on Saturday. No turnovers against a quality defense like Notre Dame's was huge in the victory.
3. Who wants to watch a five-minute highlight video of Saturday's win? I figured you would.
4. Adam Adkins has plenty of material posted as well. First is an interview with Elkino Watson, who jumped in his first collegiate game and had a tackle on his first play from scrimmage. Second is a notes roundup, including the news that USF will be wearing the 63 decals they had on Saturday all season. Adkins also writes that we will most likely see Tye Turner, Andre Davis, and Ruben Gonzalez make their USF debuts against Ball State.
5. Figuring out how to work a possible 12 football/20 basketball team conference would probably make me go insane, but Pico over at Rumble in the Garden takes care of that for us.