Thanks to everyone that made it out last night to Irish 31 for the Voodoo Five Funeral. It looked like everyone had a great time, and we're looking to make this an annual event (though with a different theme next year since we buried the past, right)?
Thanks to the management of Hyde Park Village (and city fire codes), there's a LOT of cursed ticket stubs and Holtz New Era gear in the back of my car presently. But don't worry, aswe'll be disposing of it appropriately later today or early tomorrow morning... before kickoff for sure. And we'll put it on Youtube so you'll know what's happening.
Also thanks to Melissa and Jay at irish 31 for their help and support. This went so well we're hoping to put together some more events during the year, so be on the lookout for upcoming things on the calendar. And it looks like we might need an impromptu event in the parking lot at Camp Randall at the end of the month since a big chunk of folks in attendance last night are going to the Wisconsin game.
Below are some pics and video from the evening, and it was great to see so many familiar faces (as well as new ones). Hope even more of you can join us later this year!
- Maybe our favorite item brought last night: Mike White's "Burned Redshirt"
- Shabazz Napier stole this before we could burn it
- If this was a church, this would be the middle of the altar
- Our Guestbook was a big hit. Let it out. Let it out.
- We might transcribe more quotes from this later
- Our poor guitar player Will: Diehard South Carolina fan watching their massacre while having to perform
- Every table was smiling this much all night we promise
- The Diego Guevara Bobblehead. Gonna melt so hard.
- This was on the lapel of the corpse because of course it was.
- Our corpse when we got started. Wearing a shirt from a Memphis basketball game in 2003 where we got smoked of course
- And after our fans got done with it. Yup.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VlaZjqRe7hE?list=UUZbTcPzMcNTWM7LCcCqTLsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>