Didn’t play too well
But showed up big when needed
They booed the O. Yup.
Some weird storylines coming out of this one. The fans just didn’t show up, especially the students. The offense struggled at times, but still made their signature big plays. The defense also had issues (35 carries, 168 yards for a bad-rushing ECU) but got enough stops when needed. Willie Taggart throwing for TD’s up 16 on the last play of the game. The fans booing one of the most explosive offenses in college football at one point.
A lot to unpack here. Let’s start below, and in the comments.
- Marlon Mack extended his school record with his 16th career 100 yard rushing game.
- USF’s nation-leading streak of consecutive 200-yard rushing games is now at 11.
- Quinton Flowers: 21-29, 250 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT’s. 16 carries, 115 yards.
- USF extended its nation-leading and program-best streak to 10 straight games scoring at least 35 points.
- USF moved to 6-1 all-time against East Carolina. Damn you, Shane Carden.
- Rodney Adams has scored at least one touchdown in 12 of his last 15 games with 18 total in that stretch (12 receiving, 5 rushing and 1 kickoff return).