Some big news (and possibly some other news coming out later today too) from Heaven on Fowler.
- FSU-USF will be a noon kickoff on September 24, LIVE on ABC. Get your kegs and eggs ready, the parking lots at Ray Jay will open at 7 a.m.
- We don’t know yet if it’s the regional ABC game or the national ABC game yet.
- This of course isn’t the best option for fans that want to tailgate the day away, but it probably won’t matter for sales as it’ll be a sellout anyway.
- No, I don’t have any tickets left. Stop asking me.
- Don’t know the broadcast crew yet, but because of the time it’s unlikely to be Brent Musberger, which really makes us sad because all we’ve ever wanted is for Uncle Verne or Step-Dad Brent to call a USF game. They’re just the best, and you KNOW Brent was taking the points and the Bulls. Damn it all.
- I know this sucks for tailgating, and it might be hot. But big boy programs play at noon on national TV sometimes. And if USF goes to the Big XII, this will happen a lot do this a lot because they’ll want to spread the kickoff times out and you’re on the East Coast. Suck it up, Bulls, and pray you have the opportunity to get used to this.
Let’s also give a big shoutout to Quinton Flowers, who was named American Conference Player of The Week. Four touchdowns, no INTs, 350 yards passing, and a few throws he’d probably like to have back. When you play your non-A game and it’s still good enough to get you the award, that’s a really good sign.
Also major props to his offensive line for giving him the time and space to make all these plays. No quarterback wins this award without blocking, and the Bulls O-line (likely) graded out better in Week 2 than Week 1.
We got the closest thing to an injury report ever during Taggart’s weekly teleconference today:
Others banged up vs. NIU, per @CoachTaggart: DL Bruce Hector (ankle), striker Khalid McGee (ankle), DL Mike Love (concussion).— Joey Knight (@TBTimes_Bulls) September 12, 2016
As Nathan Bond, Josh Appel and I said in our terrible Periscope after the game Saturday, don’t even risk it with Mack. USF should be able to win this game without him thanks to the outstanding depth from Darius Tice and D’Ernest Johnson. If he’s not 100%, sit him.
Reminder: SYRACUSE IS A HUGE TRAP GAME DO NOT LOOK PAST THIS SATURDAY!! IN FACT WE’RE PUTTING FETTY WAP RIGHT HERE TO REMIND YOU!! 17-38!!
But the Bulls opened as 12.5 point favorites, and it’s already been bet up to 14. Vegas is on Coach T’s Bus. You should be too.