Seven and zero
For the first time in school history
And a #FAIL finis
There was a lot of consternation over the Bulls facing an option-run based opponent on the road. They hadn’t really been tested yet, and the offense has looked sluggish at times this season.
And then they gave up 14 points in the fourth quarter to a desperate Green Wave with horrible defense and what appeared to be at times a lack of effort.
More from Yulman shortly, but we’re not missing this Charlie Strong press conference. His head might explode
- USF sets the NCAA record for scoring 30 or more points in consecutive games in the AP Poll Era (since 1936) with 24 straight. In 81 years of college football, they now stand alone.
- The Bulls ran 52 times for 378 yards. Quinton Flowers rushed for 138 of them, and Darius Tice added 141.
- TU’s Jonathan Banks was just 9-19 passing, but finished with 221 yards and two TD’s through the air.
- The Green Wave averaged just 4.9 yards per play in the first half... and 9.6 yards per play in the second.
- Incredibly, another game with no 100-yard receiver for USF. The second consecutive game with 50 yards as the high-water mark for any Bulls pass-catcher: tonight it was Darnell Salomon, who added a TD.
- Auggie Sanchez adds nine tackles to bring his career total to 351. He needs 17 more to break the Bulls career record.