Happy “Plan Your Life” Day to all our fellow Bulls. Let’s deep dive our 2017:
Saturday, August 26: @ San Jose State
Saturday, September 2: Stony Brook
Saturday, September 9: @ UConn
Friday, September 15: Illinois
Thursday, September 21: Temple
Saturday, September 30: @ East Carolina
Saturday, October 14: UMass (Homecoming)
Saturday, October 21: @ Tulane (The Daily Stampede Road Trip)
Saturday, October 28: Cincinnati
Saturday, November 4: Houston (Salute to Service)
Saturday, November 18: Tulsa
Friday, November 24: @ C. Florida
Saturday, December 2: American Conference Championship
- On the whole, this would seem to set up very well for USF. All the important games are late in the season at home except C. Florida, but an 11-0 USF team can take over that stadium again like they have before.
- Days off disadvantages: UConn plays on Thursday vs. Holy Cross the week before they host USF, so they’ll have two extra days. ECU has a bye week before they host USF.
- Days off advantages: None. Both USF and Tulsa have a bye the week before their game.
- UConn in September is fantastic for those of us old enough to be scarred by frozen trips to Hartford in the past.
- Schedule seem to be of increasing value for conference championship purposes as the season continues. That might help build excitement and sell some tickets.
- You can go ahead and put in for those extra vacation days around the Tulane game with your supervisor now.
- Cinci, Houston, bye, Tulsa, C. Florida is going to be a fun month.
The expectations for USF football are already high enough, and the release of a schedule with no visible landmines on it just adds to the pressure. The Bulls will be the preseason pick to win the league, and without a lot of wiggle room due to the cupcake nature of what is above. Thanks again, Michigan State, for buying out a return game we could really use for strength of schedule purposes.
Just 198 days until the most anticipated season in USF history. Let’s get through summer as quickly as possible.