After cooking Illinois for 47-23 victory on Friday night, USF football moved up one spot to No. 21 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 poll. They also gained four spots in the USA Today coaches’ poll, to #17.
The Bulls remain the only ranked team from the American, which is a bit surprising considering Memphis just knocked off UCLA in a crazy shootout, and Houston looks pretty good as well.
One team Bulls fans need to pay attention to is San Diego State, who clocks in right behind them at No. 22 after upsetting Stanford late Saturday night. The Aztecs would certainly pose as a serious challenger to USF for the coveted New Year's Six Group of Five bid should they win out. Keep an eye out for how things pan out in the Mountain West.
- After shutting down Lamar Jackson and Louisville, Clemson moves up to No. 2 and might be just as lethal as they were last year.
- Oklahoma State has scored approximately one bajillion points so far this year. They've rightfully creeped up to No. 6. Interesting test against TCU for them next week.
- Mississippi State may be our only hope for a #CHAOSTEAM in the SEC this season as they enter the polls at No. 17 after torching DACOACHO and LSU. The Tigers took the biggest fall from 12 to 25.
- Auburn has a loss and only beat Mercer 24-10 but stayed put at 15... OK?
- Some dude named Willie Taggart with some defensive coordinator named Jim Leavitt have rolled in their first three weeks. They have Oregon ranked at No. 24 following a 49-13 whipping of Wyoming.
- FLORIDA WON THE DUMBEST GAME WE'LL EASILY SEE ALL YEAR AND STILL SOMEHOW MOVED UP FOUR SPOTS. WHAT IS THIS??!!