(DISCLAIMER: This game is for entertainment purposes only. No actual money is being wagered.)
Let’s do some midseason awards!
Since this season has been all about big parlay wins, I’m going to focus on straight bets for this article, and take a moment to acknowledge the most and least successful single bets of the year. And, in the spirit of video game speed run records, there will be “hack” and “non-hack” divisions, since some of you exploited some dodgy lines this season. Let’s get the latter category out of the way first:
BEST SCREWING OF THE HOUSE
- (shared) BrianMartin and dsidwell31, for betting big on the “Cincinnati +25 over UConn” line. This line was obviously wrong, but I had to let it stand because two books reported it, and the rules say those have to stand. It turns out those two books publish the same information. So this rule will be revisited in the offseason.
BIGGEST WINS (Single Bets, excluding those above)
- BrianMartin, $247.50, $99 on Virginia Tech +250 money line over Florida State (VT 24-3)
- jjlovecub, $190.91, $210 on USF -14.5 over UMass (USF 58-42)
- Defdans, $187.50, $75 on Florida +250 money line over Mississippi State (UF 13-6)
BEST MIDDLE BETS
- jrjs, for playing both Duke +7/Baylor pick ‘em and Tulsa +14/USF -7.5. These middles didn’t pay off, but well spotted.
- E-dogg42, for also making the Duke/Baylor play.
BEST POINTSPREAD BETS (excluding Cincy +25 over UConn)
- edogg-42, Old Dominion +28 over Virginia Tech (ODU 49-35, won by 42 ATS)
- mcgies852, Texas Tech +14 over Oklahoma State (TT 51-17, won by 38 ATS)
- jrjs, Army +9 over Buffalo (Army 42-13, won by 38 ATS)
NOTE: Ties are broken by who bet the most units on the play.
BEST OVER BETS
- GibbsAK, Texas Tech-Houston over 68.5 (TT 63-49, won by 43.5)
- Undercoverbull/carlzee, Texas Tech-Houston over 71 (TT 63-49, won by 41)
- jrjs, Iowa State-Oklahoma State over 52 (ISU 48-42, won by 38)
BEST UNDER BETS
- lrdnorman, Alabama-Missouri under 74.5 (Bama 39-10, won by 25.5)
- E-dogg42, Arizona State-Michigan State under 54.5 (ASU 16-13, won by 25.5)
- E-dogg42, Purdue-Boston College under 68 (Purdue 30-13, won by 25)
BEST UNDERDOG MONEY LINE BETS
- GaryStephen, Akron +1100 over Northwestern
- Defdans, Temple +650 over Maryland
- ULhothot, Hawaii +650 and +400 over Navy
BEST FAVORITE MONEY LINE BETS
- jrjs, Fresno State -105 over UCLA
- GaryStephen, New Mexico -150 over New Mexico State
- HerdCountry941, Hawaii -150 over Wyoming
To see this week’s picks, go to https://protectyouru.net/pyu/weekly_picks.php. It shows an updated list of picks as the weekend goes on. Since I have to post these articles Thursday night, any list I post here would just be incomplete.
As always, use this space to celebrate your midseason awards, talk about this week’s games, your picks, shameless lobbying for awards and attention, or anything else about this upcoming football weekend.