USF Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly joins Nathan Bond and Collin Sherwin remotely to discuss the latest updates on USF Athletics during the COVD-19 pandemic. The VP of Athletics provides what the department is doing to prepare for summer workouts safely, the fall semester, and the 2020-21 athletic season.
- 0:00: Michael Kelly discusses how the pandemic is affecting USF Athletics and is playing at Corbett or somewhere else a possibility if games are played with no fans?
- 8:50: Is six weeks of training camp feasible? How is the Conference, University, and Department planning for face-to-face procedures?
- 12:50: How is the Conference and department positioning themselves for student-athlete NIL rights?
- 16:29: Nate and Collin recap the conversation and share their thoughts.
- 29:29: What the guys know about how this affects the IPF fundraising and construction plan.
- 35:47: The guys discuss the process of student-athletes returning and how they safely train together.
- 47:47: Power Five Conferences ask Congress for assistance on student-athlete NIL. Are we looking at the P5/G5 split? Would any G5 conferences make the cut? What does college football, conference realignment, and scheduling look like after the pandemic?
Don’t forget to subscribe and listen to the podcast on our host site Soundcloud, one of these apps: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, TuneIn, Castbox, or your favorite podcast provider. You can also listen in the embed player below. While you’re listening, take a moment to rate us five stars, leave a positive review, and tell your friends! If you sub, you’ll be the first to know when there’s a new upload so it pays to subscribe.