Still a bit sloppy
This team indeed has some flaws
But they’re Just. So. Good.
We should start to expect it: a bit too close at time, fans saying dumb things on Twitter because you should be perfect all the time as a football team... and then the Bulls pull away for another comfortable conference win.
It wasn’t 60 minutes of pretty, but it was another two-score-or-better win, and the Bulls are 3-0 in conference play for the first time since... the Big Bang? Civilization? Take your pick here, it’s never happened before.
Quick Notes: Full game story coming soon.
- Marlon Mack sets the USF career rushing TD record with 26.
- USF: 47 carries, 316 yards. Quinton Flowers with 16 and 157.
- Flowers line: 23-37, 213, 2 TD’s, 2 INT’s... 3 rushing TD’s.
- Four turnovers given is a season high for the Bulls.
- Don’t go by sacks because of the weird way they were grading UConn QB choice plays, but the Bulls had nine TFL’s for a season-high including three from Auggie Sanchez.
- Auggie also got flat-dusted on Arkeel Newsome’s 70-yard TD on the first play of 2nd half.
- USF extended its nation-leading streak of 11 games scoring at least 35 points.
- Seven conference games in a row for the Bulls, and nine in a row against the East Division
- Welcome aboard, Darnell Salomon: first career catch of many.
- Welcome to the end zone, Mitchell Wilcox:
firstsecond career TD of many.
- USF had a pair of 100-yard rushers in consecutive games for the first time in team history (Flowers & Mack).