Florida’s best team?
It might be the Bulls this year.
Is it all finally coming together?
The Bulls got a great crowd, an outstanding performance from the defense, were efficient enough on offense, and extended the nation’s longest winning streak in college football to 11 games.
Is it all coming together, and at exactly the right time? Let’s hope so.
- The streak is now a record: USF scores 30 points for the 23rd consecutive game, tying the record mark of Oregon in 2011-12.
- Auggie Sanchez became the first player since Trae Williams in 2007 with defensive TD’s in back-to-back games. Sanchez was only a junior during Williams’ freshman season (unconfirmed).
- The Bulls added another interception to their nation-leading total, now at 15 through six games. They will likely maintain their #1 ranking in turnover margin as well at 2.2 per game.
- With 80 yards on the ground, Quinton Flowers surpassed 3,000 career yards rushing, finishing the game at 3,069.
- USF has held two of their last three FBS opponents to seven points or less. They had held one of their previous 51 FBS opponents to seven or less.
- Six different Bulls caught a pass, but no one exceeded 50 yards receiving.
- USF had 53 carries for 212 yards.
- The Bulls also had 14 penalties for 137 yards, a lot of them the 15-yard variety. It’s not hurting them so far, but we’re guessing Charlie Strong won’t like the lack of discipline.
Cinci gets routed at Ray Jay again:
Who wore it better: pic.twitter.com/3TGbsAvPQn— The Daily Stampede (@StampedeSBN) October 15, 2017
Back with more from Ray Jay shortly.