USF football, in conjunction with the American Athletic Conference, officially released the full schedule for the 2020 season on Tuesday. All Times TBA.
The mission is now clear...our 2020 schedule is here ⤵️— USF Football (@USFFootball) February 18, 2020
Details ▶️ https://t.co/jqd6hup1Ym
Season Tix ▶️ https://t.co/G0jmp1zah2#US2F pic.twitter.com/KN4v5NPdSK
Here is the 2020 @USFFootball schedule. pic.twitter.com/uErRyW7KeJ— American Football (@American_FB) February 18, 2020
The schedule is pretty straight forward as there aren’t really any weird quirks. Here’s some quick notables:
- As we’ve known, the Jeff Scott era will begin on Saturday, Sep. 5 when USF travels to Austin to battle Texas to open the season. #TexasBack memes aside, the Longhorns have several upperclassmen returning in year where they’ll be projected as a Big XII favorite.
- The home opener will be on Saturday, Sep. 12 when the Bulls host Bethune-Cookman. They’ll follow that up with a visit from Nevada before heading down to Boca Raton for a weird matchup with FAU where former USF head coaches Willie Taggart and Jim Leavitt will be on the Owls’ sideline while a handful of former FAU assistants will be on the USF sideline. Bizarro world.
- The Bulls will open the AAC slate on Oct. 3 when traveling to longtime conference rival Cincinnati, who just successfully held Michigan State at bay to keep head coach Luke Fickell for at least one more season. This is the earliest the Bulls have matched up with the Bearcats since 2016.
- Only two weekday games on the slate: a Friday, Oct. 23 home battle against Tulsa and the War on I-4, which is once again taking place on Black Friday (Nov. 27) in Tampa.
- Enjoy your Halloween everyone! USF’s bye falls on that weekend.
- A tough stretch of Memphis (road), Houston (road), Navy (home) and UCF (home) to end the regular season.
- The War on I-4 is the only game that has a designated television partner at the moment with the conference guaranteeing that it will be on an ESPN network. Speaking of that game, could the USF Football Twitter account be teasing something here?:
Black Friday date is slime green https://t.co/Sa1rdPMq0Z pic.twitter.com/US1zNFuTOB— Nick Simon (@NickSimonTDS) February 18, 2020
As always, plan accordingly.