Antonio Grier notched another pre-season watch list nomination, this one coming from the Danny Wuerffel Trophy. The Wuerffel Trophy is for recognizing community service and outreach amongst collegiate football players.
Another watch list for @Burnowt5— USF Football (@USFFootball) July 28, 2022
Senior linebacker named to @WuerffelTrophy Watch List, college football's premier award for community service
▶️ Among many service activities, Antonio serves as a lead mentor for youth at the Hillsborough Juvenile Detention Center.#US2F pic.twitter.com/55wZSPo3II
While we all get the pleasure to watch Antonio Grier impose his will on college football game days, his record off the field can speak for itself. Grier has been a vocal leader off the field in many service based activities, taking a part as a lead mentor for the Hillsborough County Juvenile Detention Center mentoring at risk youth at the center.
Additionally Grier is involved with the following organizations:
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity - Upsilon Delta Chapter, where he served as President
- Men of High Aspirations, responsible for organizing fundraising events and programming
- Boys and Girls Club of Tampa Bay, where he worked as a mentor and motivational speaker
- Just Gents Mentorship Program, assisting in the mentoring program at Ernest E Just Elementary School
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion chair for USF Student-Athlete Advisory Committee
- Black Student-Athlete Council, serving as the Campus Liaison
Grier joins Kirk Livingston in 2020 as recent Bulls to be honored on this watch list, along with just days prior being named to the Bronko Nagurski Award Watch List,