USF PG Anthony Collins was honored today with a spot on the All-Big East Rookie Team. Collins averaged 8.0 points, 5.3 assists, 1.9 rebounds, and 1.6 steals a game for the Bulls, and was one of the big surprises in the conference this season. His poise and ability to run the offense was a huge reason why USF is on the verge of making their first NCAA trip in 20 seasons.
Collins is the first USF player to make the All-Big East Rookie Team since Dominique Jones in 2007-08. Let's hope this means Collins will have the sort of career DoJo had while in Tampa.
USF was not represented in any of the three All-Big East teams. Individual awards will be handed out on Monday and Tuesday.
The full seven player All-Big East Rookie Team is below. The team was voted on by coaches, but they couldn't vote for anyone on their own team.
- Andre Drummond, Connecticut, C, Fr., 6-11, 275
- Chane Behanan, Louisville, F, Fr., 6-7, 250
- Jerian Grant, Notre Dame, G, So., 6-5, 185
- LaDontae Henton, Providence, F, Fr., 6-6, 220
- Moe Harkless, St. John's, F, Fr., 6-8, 190
- D'Angelo Harrison, St. John's, G, Fr., 6-3, 186
- Anthony Collins, USF, G, Fr., G, 6-1, 175