Welp, here we go again people. Big 12 EXPANSIONPALOOZA is back on and this time it's serious. Cue the airhorns:
We've already talked extensively on this topic and how you, yes you reading this very sentence, should buy season tickets to support USF's chances at getting the nod out of college football purgatory.
As rumors, speculation, and lobbying continues until Bowlsby and pals make their decision, we will keep you updated with daily links to see what everyone else is saying as this seemingly never-ending expansion speculation continues forward. Let's see what's been on tap so far:
- The mothership compared all of the current expansion candidates based on the checklist that Oklahoma president Dave Boren provided when speaking to media members this week. USF finds themselves in the top four in several categories.
- According to an ESPN poll tweeted by Brett McMurphy, Big 12 coaches want BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, and Memphis.
- Speaking of BYU, the Read Option lays down why every one of these expansion lists should begin with the Cougars.
- Our friend Joey Knight joined Rick Stroud on 620 WDAE to lay everything out and USF's chances to get in.
- CBS Sports' Dennis Dodd explains why Texas probably changed their minds and his top candidates for expansion.
- You want more rankings? We got more rankings. Our friends at Iowa State's Wide Right Natty Light broke broke down who the Big 12 should select by google image searching each candidate's fan base. If only things actually worked like this.