Writers continue to churn out their lists of top candidates while the big wigs at Houston are ready to go all in for P5 status. Here are your expansion links for today:
- Big XII realignment talk has been going on since the conference was first formed in the mid-90's. SB Nation put together a list of every school that has openly expressed interest in joining the conference. Notice USF's covert strategy in not letting anything leak, which as we've discussed here before, is probably the right way to go.
- In the wake of expansion news, Steven Godfrey spent time with Houston AD Hunter Yurachek and conducted a phone interview with Cougars billionaire booster Tilman Ferttita. Houston is willing to "do whatever we have to do" to get in. Paging all billionaire Bulls boosters with yachts in Italy.
- Our friends over at Texas' Barking Carnival blog aren't too enthusiastic about this crop of expansion candidates except BYU, who's a solid 7 in their eyes.
- ESPN Big XII beat writer Jake Trotter analyzes everything from this past week.
- SI's Andy Staples offered his list of top candidates but more importantly, recaps his trip to a sushi burger bar, which is a thing that exists apparently.
- Jeremy Adcock over at Underdog Dynasty contemplated the how the expansion domino effect would impact the AAC, Sun Belt, and C-USA. He also explained the weird relationship between Texas and Houston.
- Speaking of the AAC, let's check in on commish Mike Aresco, who said "we're going about our business." Everyone remain calm, all is well.
If there's any other interesting articles that we missed, feel free to share with us.