I’m writing this while eating lunch in Irving, TX, where the temperature is currently 25 degrees with light snow falling.
I’ve been through this enough times to know what to do, but as a rule we Texas residents do not collectively handle snow well. Another half hour of this and panic is going to set in. People will start buying all the bread and milk in sight, and they’ll steer their cars straight into roadside ditches to save time later. So you can guess what the topic of 5QF is today.
- When was the first time you saw snow?
- What is your favorite winter/snow memory?
- What is the coldest weather you’ve ever been in?
- Have you ever played any winter sports? How did that go?
- What is your favorite frozen drink?