Lavar Ball, certifiably insane father of future NBA lottery pick Lonzo Ball, came up in TDS Slack the other day. We spent a lot more than five minutes discussing him and we had a lot of questions, so this is a combination 5 Minute Rule/5 Question Friday.
- Lavar Ball once claimed his son could beat Michael Jordan one on one. What is the most ridiculous thing you've claimed you could do, even though you knew it was total crap?
- Lavar Ball averaged a whopping 2.2 points per game at Washington State. Could you, today, do better than that?
- Lavar Ball asked for $1 billion for his kid’s shoe deal (now up to $3 billion) and was promptly rejected by Nike, Adidas, and Under Armour. Have you ever supported someone so loudly and irrationally that it made people mad?
- Undeterred, Lavar Ball has created his own shoe for his son. He is charging $495 for them. If you ever got a shoe deal, what would your shoe look like? How much would you charge for it?
- Lavar Ball has been called "the worst thing to happen to basketball in the last 100 years." If you could eliminate one person from the modern sports landscape, who would it be and why?