After a snoozer of a week, not much really changed across the board.
That includes the status of the American, where C. stayed put at #15 while Memphis inched up to one spot to #20 following its AAC West clinching 66-45 victory over SMU on Saturday.
USF's hopes of hosting the conference championship game should they beat C. this Friday hinges on East Carolina pulling an inexplicable upset of the Tigers this weekend which, lol nope.
Boise State also moved up two spots to #23 after its 44-19 hammering of Air Force.
The Broncos will travel to Fresno State to close the regular season this Saturday before hosting those same Bulldogs for the Mountain West Championship game next week. Weird how that worked out.
- Your Final Four if the season ended today: #1 Alabama vs. #4 Oklahoma (most likely in the Sugar Bowl) and #2 Miami vs. #3 Clemson (most likely in the Rose Bowl). Same exact four as last week and once again, we know that either Clemson or Miami will be knocked out via the ACC title game. Bama has a top-ten showdown in the Iron Bowl this week, Oklahoma has a game versus WVU where Baker Mayfield is not starting, and Clemson has a Top 25 Palmetto Bowl? More on that in a second...
- #5 Wisconsin didn't move at all after beating Michigan last Saturday. They'll try to finish the regular season perfect in the Battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe versus the Fighting P.J. Fleck's.
- For those keeping track, there's now six two-loss teams and one(!) three-loss team in Mississippi State ranked ahead of undefeated C. I guess Clanga putting the nail in Bielema's coffin at Arkansas was just enough to move them up.
- Mater of fact, there's now eight three-loss teams patrolling the top 25, which is at least more understandable at the end of the regular season but...
- SOUTH CAROLINA IS 23!!! THEY LOST TO THE ONLY OTHER TWO GOOD TEAMS IN THE GARBAGE SEC EAST! THEY NEARLY LOST TO SKIP HOLTZ! WHAT IS THIS?