I’ve been on a run of listening to song covers lately, instead of the real thing. Not even, like, famous artists covering other famous artists. I’ve been pulling up YouTubes of bar bands and tribute bands cranking out some really good versions of songs I like.
That led me to something called the Lexington Lab Band. It’s a collection of musicians that started from a church in Kentucky. They put out samplers of covers from classic bands. And they’re really good covers, too.
This might be the only thing I currently like from Kentucky. Anyway, the theme of today’s 5QF is secondhand pop culture.
- What is your favorite cover of a song?
- What is your favorite movie remake?
- Is there a book that you never get tired of reading no matter how many times you pick it up?
- Is there a TV show you only got into by watching the reruns after it had ended?
- Do you still have any classic video game systems? Do you still play them?