Tyree Saunders initially committed to USF back in April, but after receiving some interest from Power 5 Schools such as Iowa State, Kansas State, and Virginia Tech, he’s decided to open up his recruitment process again.
Thankful for everything -God bless pic.twitter.com/YVzFjfbzL2— Tyree "⚡️Showtime⚡️" Saunders (@ShowtimeTyree) August 21, 2019
Saunders was the second highest rated WR in the current #20Strong class, behind Marquez Ball, and was the 5th best recruit according to 247’s rankings.
This puts the Bulls back to 15 commits so far in the 2020 class, just before the start of football season. On Rivals, USF is ranked fourth behind Cincinnati, Tulane, and ECU respectively. On 247, Memphis is ranked between Tulane and ECU at third, although these rankings are still early in the recruiting process.
Once again, USF is not officially out of the running to land Tyree Saunders, but will have to lure him back in and fend off some Power 5 Schools to do so.
2020 Verbal Commits
- Tampa Gaither LB Chance Coleman
- Braden River RB Brian Battie
- Gainesville DT Gentle Hunt
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- Jacksonville First Coast WR Tyree Saunders
- OT Miller Merriweather-Lewis, WR Da’Quan Bailey-Brown, ATH Marquez Bell, LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- Daytona Beach Mainland RB Taron Keith and DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Valdosta High School QB Tate Rodemaker
- The Villages Charter School DB Mac Harris
- Dunnelon DB AJ Hamilton
- Ft. Lauderdale American Heritage OG Khristopher Love
- Port Orange Atlantic LB Ty Berrong