USF received their first commit during the college football regular season on Saturday afternoon, when three-star offensive tackle Evan Webster verbally committed to USF.
@WebsterTeneka @Coach2Bless @Coachsmothers16 @Coach_BKemp @CoachStrong_USF @USFFootball pic.twitter.com/dTiUGL1RzJ— Evan Webster (@BIG_EVDOIT) August 31, 2019
OT Evan Webster
6’4”, 293 pounds
Hardee High School, Wauchula, FL
Recruiting Rankings (for now): Three-star on 247 (0.8333 Composite score), Rivals, and ESPN.
Other Notable Offers: FSU, Iowa State, Louisville.
Primary Recruiter: Justin Burke.
Webster is a strong offensive tackle, who provided blindside protection for Hardee High School. His film is filled with him bodying opposing defensive ends and linebackers and providing crucial sealing blocks on run plays. He has a great first step in pass protection and is intelligent enough to read and react to when a linebacker drops back into coverage and provide additional protection along the line. His greatest assets will be his strength and persistence while blocking, and you can tell this from the way he enjoys getting pancake blocks.
2020 Verbal Commits
- Tampa Gaither LB Chance Coleman
- Braden River RB Brian Battie
- Gainesville DT Gentle Hunt
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- OT Miller Merriweather-Lewis, WR Da’Quan Bailey-Brown, ATH Marquez Bell, LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- Daytona Beach Mainland RB Taron Keith and DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Valdosta High School QB Tate Rodemaker
- The Villages Charter School DB Mac Harris
- Dunnelon DB AJ Hamilton
- Ft. Lauderdale American Heritage OG Khristopher Love
- Port Orange Atlantic LB Ty Berrong