As you know, this blog is unabashedly pro-soccer. We love USF soccer and some of us love MLS too, but we all follow the English Premier League, which kicks off a new season tomorrow. For that reason, all of today's questions have to do with the beautiful game.
1. Do you have a favorite MLS club? Or did you, like me for many years, decide the league was dead to you after they idiotically folded the Tampa Bay Mutiny? If you don't have an MLS team, do you follow one in a lower league, like the Rowdies?
2. Do you follow an English club? Which one? Why did you choose them? Have you ever seen them play in person?
3. Have you ever attended a U.S. national team match (men's or women's)? How did it turn out?
4. Did you ever play soccer as a kid, or in intramurals, or in an adult league?
5. Many of you know Alan Pardew as the smug, well-dressed, doofy manager of Crystal Palace. Which of these Alan Pardew GIFs is the funniest? (Vote in the poll below.)
CHOICE A: Pardew trying to rub a goal in Paolo De Canio's face during a Tyne-Wear Derby, only to find out it was disallowed for offside
CHOICE B: Pardew mocking the referee for missing a foul in a Newcastle-Aston Villa match in 2014
CHOICE C: Pardew busting a move on the Wembley touchline after Crystal Palace score the first goal of the 2016 FA Cup Final