Dodge City C.C. wide receiver Da’Quan Bailey-Brown announced on Monday that he has decommitted from USF’s 2020 recruiting class.
A three-star prospect per 247, Bailey-Brown has interest from Middle Tennessee State, Western Kentucky and Southern Miss as well as FCS programs such as UT-Martin, Murray State and Western Illinois.
A product of Stoneman Douglas, the Broward County product logged 23 receptions for 363 yards and three touchdowns in five games for Dodge City this season. He also served as a major kick return weapon for the Conquistadors in the first half of the season, housing a 51-yard punt return touchdown in their season opener at Independence C.C. His speed drew him comparisons to another Broward product, former Oklahoma and current Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Maquise “Hollywood” Brown.
Per 247, his decommittment drops the #20Strong class to 65th nationally and sixth in the AAC. According to our buddy Will Turner, the staff will continue to mine the jucos for a receiving threat.
I’m told that #USF wants a JUCO WR for this 2020 class.— Will Turner (@TBTurner813) October 28, 2019
I don’t think that they would have taken Da’quan Bailey-Brown AND another one - so the decommitment doesn’t hurt - but look for the Bulls to try and make a push for one before the early-signing period starts.@Bulls247
2020 Verbal Commits
- Tampa Gaither LB Chance Coleman
- Braden River RB Brian Battie
- Gainesville DT Gentle Hunt
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- OT Miller Merriweather-Lewis, ATH Marquez Bell, LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- Daytona Beach Mainland RB Taron Keith and DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Valdosta High School QB Tate Rodemaker
- The Villages Charter School DB Mac Harris
- Dunnelon DB AJ Hamilton
- Ft. Lauderdale American Heritage OG Khristopher Love
- Port Orange Atlantic LB Ty Berrong
- Wauchula OT Evan Webster
- Deerfield Beach CB Christopher Townsel
- Pahokee LB Frankie Burgess