Three-star Gainesville High School defensive tackle Gentle Hunt decided to reopen his recruitment on Thursday, officially decommiting from USF’s 2020 recruiting class.
Hunt was the second #20Strong prospect on the board for the Bulls, verbally committing all the way back in April after the spring game.
While Gainesville struggled to a 2-8 record this fall, Hunt still excelled for the Hurricane defensive line with 69 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles and two blocked field goals.
He had a few other offers from the likes of Coastal Carolina, Tulane and South Alabama but Middle Tennessee State showed him a heavy amount of love throughout the season, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him take his talents to Murfreesboro.
For now, this leaves USF with one defensive line prospect for the #20Strong class in the recently added Sione “John” Tuitupou out of East Los Angeles College.
2020 Verbal Commits
- Tampa Gaither LB Chance Coleman
- Braden River RB Brian Battie
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- OT Miller Merriweather-Lewis, ATH Marquez Bell, LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- Daytona Beach Mainland RB Taron Keith and DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Valdosta High School QB Tate Rodemaker
- The Villages Charter School DB Mac Harris
- Dunnelon DB AJ Hamilton
- Ft. Lauderdale American Heritage OG Khristopher Love
- Port Orange Atlantic LB Ty Berrong
- Wauchula OT Evan Webster
- Deerfield Beach CB Christopher Townsel
- Pahokee LB Frankie Burgess
- East Los Angeles DT Sione “John” Tuitupou