Daytona Beach Mainland prospect Taron Keith decommitted from USF football on Saturday, officially reopening his recruitment.
The #20Strong recruit originally verbally committed alongside cousin Ben Knox out of DeLand in July.
Recruited as a running back, Keith played quarterback for Mainland as a senior where he accumulated 1,643 yards passing, 639 yards rushing and 19 touchdowns total through nine games. He led the Buccaneers to the Region 1 semifinals in the Class 6A playoffs where they were eliminated by Pensacola Escambia 27-7 on Friday.
His tweet indicated that USF is still an option but he does currently hold offers from FBS schools such as Central Michigan, Coastal Carolina and FAU.
2020 Verbal Commits
- Tampa Gaither LB Chance Coleman
- Sarasota RB Brian Battie
- Gainesville DT Gentle Hunt
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- OT Miller Merriweather-Lewis, ATH Marquez Bell, LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Valdosta High School QB Tate Rodemaker
- The Villages Charter School DB Mac Harris
- Dunnelon DB AJ Hamilton
- Plantation American Heritage OG Khristopher Love
- Port Orange Atlantic LB Ty Berrong
- Wauchula Hardee OT Evan Webster
- Deerfield Beach CB Christopher Townsel
- Pahokee LB Frankie Burgess
- East Los Angeles DT Sione “John” Tuitupou