Three-star Pahokee linebacker Frankie Burgess announced via Twitter on Monday morning that he will be decommitting from USF Football’s 2020 recruiting class.
As of this moment, that makes two prospects to leave the class after the announcement Charlie Strong’s firing on Sunday afternoon.
I AM DE-COMMITTING FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA #NOINTERVIEWS #LLDADDY— H O L L Y W O O D 7 (@Frankburgess22) December 2, 2019
Burgess initially committed to USF in September as an under-the-radar prospect who was actually playing his first season of varsity football as a senior.
But he wouldn’t remain under the radar for long as he exploded onto the scene with over 20 sacks on a dominant Pahokee defense and helped lead them to last Friday’s Class 1A semifinal where they fell just short of taking down two-time defending state champion Madison County.
He started to generate interest from power five schools like Maryland and even took a recent visit to Washington State.
2020 Verbal Commits
- Tampa Gaither LB Chance Coleman
- Sarasota RB Brian Battie
- Gainesville DT Gentle Hunt
- Lake City Columbia QB Jordan Smith
- OT Miller Merriweather-Lewis and LB Le’Vontae Camiel
- DeLand CB Ben Knox
- Valdosta High School QB Tate Rodemaker
- The Villages Charter School DB Mac Harris
- Dunnelon DB AJ Hamilton
- Plantation American Heritage OG Khristopher Love
- Port Orange Atlantic LB Ty Berrong
- Wauchula Hardee OT Evan Webster
- Deerfield Beach CB Christopher Townsel
- East Los Angeles DT Sione “John” Tuitupou